acts_as_searchable is no longer maintained, please switch over to the new and healthy world of search_do bug-free, clear structure and paginating!
Too many crappy tutorials around, with wrong or only partial information of how to get started. Took me almost 2 hours to get it working, so here comes a short How To/Summary for future reference.
- sudo apt-get install hyperestraier
- sudo nano /etc/default/hyperestraier (change NO_START from 1 to 0) -> autostart on boot
- sudo /etc/init.d/hyperestraier start
- http://localhost:1978/ -> admin/admin -> create new nodes (xx_test/xx_development/xx_production)
- script/plugin install http://github.com/grosser/search_do
- add to database.yml (once for every environment):
estraier: host: localhost user: admin password: admin port: 1978 node: xx_development
- >ModelName<.rb: acts_as_searchable :searchable_fields=>[:descr,:title] details
- Add all current models to the fulltext search:
- Check back in the corresponding node @ http://localhost:1978/ to see if documents have been created
- play around with >ModelName<.fulltext_search
Hope this helps🙂