Living with Test and Spec at the same time is annoying, so here is a small Howto for conversion using the Test::Unit to RSpec converter.
- Change spec/spec_helper.rg ‘config.fixture_path =‘ to test/fixtures OR copy all fixtures from test to spec (svn cp test/fixtures spec/fixtures)
- copy old code from test_helper to spec_helper (leave includes outside of Spec::Runner.configure do…)
- sudo gem install spec_converter
- convert all tests ‘spec_converter‘
- correct syntax errors
- search and replace ‘test/xxx’ with ‘spec/xxx’ where neccessary
- run ‘rake spec‘
- dance if result == :success
Works very nice for me, just one syntax error to correct, and then everything runs. Not all old asserts will be replaced, but this is not problem, since RSpec can work with Test::Unit assertions.